Sunday, June 3, 2018

How the Before Trilogy Changed me

The Before Trilogy changed me.

I dont think I have watched any romantic movies as raw as this one! I feel love stories and romantic movies shape our perception about this feeling of love a lot. The fact that we think simply words, roses and chocolates can complete this feeling is simply ridiculous. Cheesy romantic movies have just made 'love' delusional. What day-dreamish expectation it creates!



Movies like these help. Love is not perfect but beautiful. Love is not a cinch, it's sometimes a pain in the wrong place. Love is not always about posting pictures on Instagram with cheesy and lovey-dovey captions, it's about putting those captions into action. Relationships are what we make out of it. It is messy but it is something 'real' at the end of the day.



Everything from the story, to the writing, to the characters had me hooked. It was a love story, I could root for, invest in and heave that satisfied sigh for at the end. This film helped me grow as a person and exposed my world to the struggles, passion, endurance and desires in a relationship.

Linklater's works are to be felt. It just cannot be judged.

Thank you Before Sunrise , Before Sunset &  Before Midnight. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment